New Scripts, New Puppets, New Techniques...
Innovation mean constant trial and error, in the workshop and rehearsal room.
At the core of our work is the relationship between the characters in the story, the puppets and the puppeteers...
Devising rehearsals with Giulia Innocenti
EXAMPLE: The Table
WE began with a puppet "Goldstein" from our rehearsals for 1984. Then we did:
3 weeks WORKSHOPPING to develop a new puppetry concept - a puppet "Moses" on a table explaining how puppetry works
3 weeks MAKING to adapt the puppet
4 WRITING periods
2 weeks puppet TRAINING
13 weeks DEVISING REHEARSALS over 2 years
Generator projects supports:
- Reading scripts - Devising new puppets - Reviewing old puppets
- Diversity Project - Diversity officer
- New opera project with Elena Langer
- Classic text
- Making scripts work for puppetry - Commisioning new scripts
- Tramping the Boards
- Codify/ publish workshops
- Designing and making a cast of puppets
- Finding the a puppetry concept - Who are the puppeteers?
- Digital experiments